Duck Fart Shot Recipe
Who came up with the Duck Fart Shot? Seriously.
Buy Craft Beer Merch on Amazon
Homebrewing Books, Craft Beer T-Shirts & Stainless Steel Growlers, Oh My!
According to Mantitlement, "They say that the Duck Fart shot is to Alaska what the Mai Tai is to Hawaii, or the margarita is to Mexico."
We were unaware of that fact. Anyway, the Duck Fart Shot is a layered catastrophe of hilariousness. How can you take yourself seriously when you're enjoy a round of these Bad Larrys. The answer is that you shouldn’t, because it’s a fun drink that will also get you inebriated quickly if you aren’t careful.
Some folks even refer to it as the Alaskan Duck Fart. That’s really a perfect name for this shot.
Equipment to make a Duck Fart Shot
- Bar Spoon
- Shot Glass
Duck Fart Shot Ingredients
The Duck Fart Shot recipe calls for ingredients that you most likely have in your booze cupboard, things like Irish Cream, Canadian Whiskey, and Coffee Liqueur. Here is what we use to make them.
- 1/2oz Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1/2oz Crown Royal Canadian Whisky
- 1/2oz Kahlua Coffee Liqueur
- You can substitute the Bailey’s Irish Cream for Carolan’s, Brady’s, Kavanaugh, or any other Irish Cream
- You can substitute the Kahlua for any coffee liqueur
- You can substitute the Crown Royal for any Canadian Whiskey
- You can substitute the Canadian Whiskey for any American Whiskey or Bourbon
How to Make a Duck Fart Shot
- Pour coffee liqueur as the base of the shot, 1/2oz of Kahlua in our case.
- Layer in the 1/2 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream with the bar spoon on top of the Kahlua.
- Layer in the 1/2oz of Crown Royal Canadian Whisky with the bar spoon on top of the Bailey’s.
Making a Duck Fart Drink
The cocktail recipe is the same, though it requires some more patience. That’s because you need to up the volumes of the alcohols involved. In other words, the overall prep time increases because you’re spending more time pouring liquids down the back of a spoon. But once you get the hand of layering, it shouldn’t be too bad.
The challenge with a Duck Fart Drink is that inserting ice cubes will mess with the layered shot look.
At the end of the day, it’s probably best just to stick to the Alaskan Duck Fart shot. There are other drink recipes that are far more fun to enjoy in highball glasses than this one.
Shots That Are Similar
- B-52 Shot
Want Craft Beer & Beverage News?
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to get the frothiest tips on where to find fresh beer, cider and more.Subscribe Now